Today is the first day a new quarter! Progress Reports for first term will be coming home this week.
Our first Battle of the Books book report is due this week. Here is how the report will be graded:
Red Ribbon this week! Here is the low down:
Wednesday the 28th - Assembly with the police dogs
Thursday the 29th - "My Future is Bright", wear a bright color shirt or school shirt
Friday the 30th - "Your choices are the key to your dreams" wear pajamas and/or crazy hair for "Hairs to a Drug free life"
- Literacy - We are in Unit 2 lesson 8-12. This unit is on the Middle Ages and has been very interesting to read. This week students will be reading about the Battle of Hastings and Henry II and Law and Order. Grammar focus is on adverbs, adjectives, subject and predicates. Morphology focus: prefix "en", root word arch. Spelling test will be on Tuesday and new words on Thursday. I have the students do a lot of practice with spelling words in class, this next series of words I will send home a copy for you all.
- Math - Chapter 3 has been on 2-digit multiplication. As you know there are many steps involved in this. The GoMath program has three methods to this concept. I am okay with my students doing what ever method works for them as long as they get the correct answer. What I am seeing in their work is multiplying wrong or adding wrong. Please work on these basic math facts at home. Knowing these math facts is so so important! This week in Math: Lesson 3.7 on Monday, problem solving with multiple steps. Tuesday - Chapter 3 review. Thursday - Chapter 3 Test, each problem will be worth 3 points - 1 point for underlining information and bracketing the question, 1 point for showing work, and 1 point for the correct answer. 75 points total. Friday - graphing math scores and introducing Chapter 4
- Special Classes - In Art students will be finishing up their Reflections project, I love seeing their creativity, it amazes me. In Social Studies we are learning about the Five Indian Tribes that lived in Utah.
- October 26, First day of 2nd term
- October 27, Spelling Test
- October 28, Guest Speakers, Museum On the Move
- October 29, Book Report due, I have brads for the wheel
- October 30 Homework Club Lunch meets
- October 31, Halloween!
- November 5, October Reading Calendar due
- November 12, Frontier Homestead State Park visit. We will need 8 parent volunteers for our three classes. Email me if you are interested.
- Happy Birthday
- Oct. 21 Happy Birthday Caleb!
- Oct. 25 happy Birthday Derek!
- Oct. 29 Happy Birthday Brandon!
|Marvin and Jesse Plays are back!! Positive Thinking was the theme for this month. Two of the actors were from our class :)|